- Cook Time: 1.1666666666666667 hours 10 minutes
- Prep Time:
- Effort: hard
For the glaze
- 1 egg yolk
- 300 g roquefort cheese
- 100 ml double cream
For the Dauphinoise Potatoes
- 50 g butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 4 Maris Piper potatoes, thinly sliced and rinsed
- 500 ml double cream
- grated nutmeg
- fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 200 g gruyère cheese, grated
For the chard
- 50 g butter
- 1 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 shallots
- 400 g ruby chard
For the veal
- 350 g veal fillets, cut into medallions
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 2 tsp butter
- 600 ml veal stock
- 175 white wine
1. For the glaze, combine the egg yolk and cheese in a blender and process until smooth.
2. Pour in the cream, blend until combined and place in the fridge to chill for about 30 minutes.
3. For the potatoes, preheat the oven to 150C/gas 1. Lightly butter an ovenproof baking dish and line with greaseproof paper.
4. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the garlic and onion, and cook until softened.
5. Tip the sliced potatoes into the pan.
6. Pour over the cream, and season with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
7. Bring the mixture to a simmer before spooning the potatoes and cream into the prepared dish. Bake for 40 minutes, until the potatoes are tender. Remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly.
8. Flip the baked potatoes out of the dish. Using an 8cm cutter, cut the potatoes into 4 rounds.
9. Place the potato rounds on a baking tray and scatter the tops with Gruyere cheese. Transfer to the oven and cook for 10 minutes. While the potatoes are in the oven, cook the chard.
10. For the chard, melt the butter in a saucepan and gently fry the garlic and shallots for a minute.
11. Add the chard to the pan, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and cook until soft.
12. For the veal, toss the medallions in paprika and celery salt.
13. Melt the butter in a frying pan and fry the veal for 3 minutes on each side, over a moderate heat. Remove from the pan and leave to rest.
14. Pour the veal stock and wine into the same pan, and cook down until lightly thickened and glossy. Preheat a grill for finishing the veal.
15. Spoon the chilled cheese glaze over the veal fillets and grill for 30 seconds, until golden.
16. To serve, arrange the potato rounds on a plate and top with the cooked chard. Arrange a veal fillet on each plate and accompany with the wine sauce.
Rate This Recipe