- Serves: 5
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 7 large eggs
- 100 g strong bread flour
- 250 g white breadcrumbs
- 5 x 130 g slices veal
- 50 ml vegetable oil
- 250 g salted butter, plus more for frying the eggs
- 5 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 lemons, juice only
- 5 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 5 tsp capers
- 10 canned anchovy fillets, drained
1. Whisk 2 of the eggs with salt and a twist of freshly ground white pepper and put in a shallow dish. Put the flour and breadcrumbs in 2 separate shallow dishes. Dip the veal slices into the flour then the egg and lastly the breadcrumbs.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan to just below smoking point and add the veal. Cook until golden brown on both sides then remove the veal.
3. Drain off the oil from the pan and add the butter. Foam until golden, then add the Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, parsley and capers. Cook for a few seconds and adjust the seasoning.
4. Fry the remaining 5 eggs in butter. Sit an egg on top of each veal schnitzel and lay 2 trimmed anchovies on top. Serve with the butter and caper sauce.
Rate This Recipe