- Serves: 6
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 2 sticks of celery
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 kg veal, diced into 4cm cubes
- ½ bunch of sage, chopped finely
- 80 g pitted green olive, chopped
- 250 ml white wine
- 4x400 g cans of tomatoes
- 2x375 g packs of fresh strozzapreti pasta
- 100 g grated parmesan
1. In a large pot, heat olive oil on medium heat. Place onion, carrot, celery, bay leaves and garlic in pot and cook for 5-10 minutes or until soft, add veal and brown quite well.
2. Place sage, olives and wine into the pot and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Pour tomatoes into pot and stir. Bring to the boil and cook for between 1½ to 2 hours or until veal is very tender, season with salt and pepper.
3. Cook pasta as per packet directions. Once pasta is cooked, drain and mix ragout through the pasta and serve with grated parmesan.
Rate This Recipe