- Serves: 10 muffins
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 20 minutes cooling time
- Effort: easy
- 225 g plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 75 g caster sugar
- 1 orange, zested
- 150 g fresh or frozen raspberries, defrosted if frozen
- 225 ml soya or rice milk
- 50 ml sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Line a 12-cup muffin tray with paper cases.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and ¼ tsp salt into a large bowl, then mix in the sugar and orange zest. Carefully fold in the raspberries and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients, then add these to the flour mixture, folding in to combine. Divide the batter between the muffin cases, filling each three-quarters full, then bake for 1520 minutes or until golden on top and springy to the touch.
4. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tray for 5 minutes, then take the muffins out of the tray and place on a wire rack to cool down completely.
Text © Rachel Allen 2012. Photography © Philip Webb 2012.
Rate This Recipe