- Serves: 2-3
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- sunflower oil, for frying
- 1 aubergine, sliced in to thick rounds
- 1 large handfuls mushroom, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 packets steamed Tilda brown basmati rice
- handfuls toasted pine nuts, (optional)
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, (optional)
- handfuls chopped herbs, such as parsley, thyme, sage, coriander (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp single cream
- grated cheese, such as cheddar or parmesan, to cover
Tips and Suggestions
Cooks note: if you are cooking brown rice from scratch, take 150g brown basmati rice and cook in plenty of boiling, salted water for 25 minutes over a medium heat. Drain and serve.
1. Fry the aubergine on a medium-high heat for around 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through. Lay in an ovenproof dish in a single layer.
2. Preheat the grill.
3. Stir-fry the mushrooms, red pepper and garlic on a medium-high heat in the rest of the oil until soft. Stir in the Tilda Brown rice, pine nuts, sun-dried tomatoes and herbs.
4. When the rice is heated, mix in enough single cream to coat the rice. Season to taste and spoon the rice over the aubergines.
5. Take the grated cheese and sprinkle liberally over the rice. Grill for a few minutes until the cheese has melted.
Rate This Recipe