- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 parsnips
- 2 beetroot
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil, if roasting
1. Using a potato peeler, shave all the vegetables diagonally into slivers, trying to make the slivers as wide as possible, as they will curl.
2. Spread on kitchen paper to remove the moisture from the vegetables
3. To pan fry the vegetable crisps; heat the oil in a deep-fat fryer or large pan.
4. Drop the vegetable slices into the oil and deep fry until crisp.
5. Remove the crisps from the oil and drain on kitchen paper.
6. To roast the vegetable crisps; preheat the oven to 200C /gas 6.
7. Put all the vegetable slices in a bowl and pour over 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper and mix well to cover all the vegetables in the oil.
8. Place the vegetables in a single layer on a baking tray and roast for 20 minutes until golden brown.
9. Remove the crisps from the oven and place on kitchen paper to cool.
Rate This Recipe