- Serves: 4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 10 mins soaking
- Effort: easy
- 50 g blanched almonds
- 375 g cauliflower, divided into 1cm florets
- 125 g carrots, cut into batons
- 125 g fine green beans, cut into 5cm pieces
- 375 g potatoes, boiled in their jackets and cooled
- 4 tbsp sunflower or olive oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 green chillies, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 2 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp sugar
- 125 ml double cream
1. Soak the almonds in 150ml boiling water for 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, blanch all the vegetables separately (the beans for 3 minutes, the cauliflower for 3 minutes and the carrots for 5 minutes) then plunge them immediately into cold water. Cut the cooked potatoes into 2.5cm cubes.
3. Purée the blanched almonds in a blender or food processor with the water in which they were soaked, and set aside.
4. In a heavy pan, heat the oil over a medium heat and add the onions, green chillies and ginger purée. Fry them for 1012 minutes until they turn a light brown colour and stir them regularly.
5. Add the coriander, turmeric and chilli powder. Reduce the heat to a low temperature and fry for 1 minute.
6. Add the vegetables sugar and a teaspoon of salt. Pour in 150ml warm water, stir once and then bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low, add the cream and cook for 23 minutes, then serve.
Rate This Recipe