- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 450 g Maris Piper potatoes, peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 30 g butter
- 2 leeks, finely shredded
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 small chilli, chopped
1. With your hands, squeeze out as much liquid as possible from the grated potatoes. Preheat the grill.
2. Heat the olive oil and butter in a large non-stick frying pan, add the leeks and cook for 2 minutes, until softenened.
3. Stir in the potato and carrot and lightly spread out the mixture in the pan. Fry over a medium heat for 10 minutes, until golden underneath.
4. Place the pan under the grill and cook for 5 minutes or until the rosti is golden on top. Remove from grill.
5. Make 4 indentations in the top of the rosti. Crack the eggs into the indentations, grind over a little black pepper and scatter over the coriander and chilli.
6. Cover with a lid or baking sheet, place back over a medium heat and cook over for 4-5 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to your liking. Serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe