- Serves: 400ml
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 25 g unsalted butter
- 1 onion, or 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- half a bulb of fennel, sliced
- 1 medium leek, finely chopped
- 30 g trimmings, finely chopped
- 550 ml water
- 2 sprigs tarragon, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs coriander, finely chopped
1. Heat the olive oil and butter together in a large saucepan over a low heat and gently fry the vegetables for 2-3 minutes, without letting them colour.
2. Add the water; bring to the boil and leave to simmer slowly for 15 minutes.
3. Add the chopped herbs and cook for a further 5 minutes.
4. Using a ladle, push the mixture through a strainer to remove the bits and pieces.
5. Use immediately or store in a plastic container until required. Vegetable stock can be frozen.
Rate This Recipe