- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the teriyaki sauce:
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp mirin
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1½ tsp muscovado sugar
- pinch dried red chilli flakes
For the stir fry:
- 100 g tenderstem broccoli, sliced lengthways into thin florets
- 100 g sugar snap peas, halved lengthways
- 1 head pak choi, sliced
- 100 g soya beans
- 2 nests of medium egg noodles
- 1½ tbsp groundnut oil
- 40 g dry roasted, unsalted cashew nuts
- 1 bunch spring onion, ends trimmed, diagonally sliced
- 100 g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 100 g bean sprouts
- toasted sesame seeds
- coriander leaves, chopped
- lime wedges
Tips and Suggestions
If you prepare the sauce and all the vegetables ahead, the dish is quick to put together when you are ready to serve.
1. For the teriyaki sauce: Mix all the ingredients together in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Set aside.
2. For the stir-fry: Steam the broccoli and peas together for 3-4 minutes until tender-crisp, then the pak choi for 2 minutes. Set aside. Cook the soya beans in simmering water for 4 minutes, drain and set aside. Heat the water for the noodles in a saucepan, then cook for 4 minutes before draining well.
3. While the noodles are cooking, heat 1 tablespoon of the groundnut oil in a wok or large frying pan and fry the cashews until evenly browned. Remove with a slotted spoon, drain on kitchen paper and set aside. Add the remaining oil to the pan then put in the spring onions, mushrooms and garlic and stir-fry over a high heat for about 3 minutes until they are just starting to brown. Tip in the beansprouts, cooked broccoli, peas, soya beans and pak choi and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, just to heat through.
4. Serve the stir-fried veg in bowls piled over the noodles. Scatter with the sesame seeds and coriander then spoon over some of the teriyaki sauce. Offer lime wedges for squeezing over.
Rate This Recipe