- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 onions, diced
- 3 cm ginger, grated
- 1 red peppers, diced
- 1 courgettes, diced
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 0.5 tsp cumin
- 0.5 tsp paprika
- 0.5 tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 1 cans canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 cans cooked kidney beans, 400g
- 1 pinches salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
1. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and ginger and fry for 2 minutes, stirring all the time.
2. Tip in the red pepper and courgette and cook for 2 minutes. Add the tomato paste and spices, and fry for a further 2 minutes - this helps the spices release their natural flavour.
3. Empty the can of chopped tomatoes and their juice into the pan and simmer for 8-10 minutes until cooked down and thickened. Stir in the drained kidney beans, warm through, and finish with chopped parsley. Serve piping hot, with a mound of fluffy basmati rice.
Rate This Recipe