- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 12 ready-made fajitas
- 6 tbsp corn oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 800 g canned red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
- a dash of tabasco
- juice of 1 limes
- 250 ml soured cream, to serve
For the salsa:
- 4 tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
- 1/2 bunch of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onions, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp corn oil
1. First make the filling. Heat 4 tablespoons of corn oil to a heavy-based saucepan and add in the onion, chilli and garlic.
2. Fry, stirring often, over medium heat until softened, around 3-5 minutes.
3. Add in the drained red beans and cook for 10 more minutes, stirring often.
4. Over a low heat, roughly mash the beans with a back of a fork, adding in the remaining oil, coriander, Tabasco and lime juice and mixing well. Remove from direct heat.
5. To make the salsa, mix together the tomatoes, coriander, onion and corn oil in a bowl.
6. Spoon the filling into the middle of each fajita with a spoonful of sour cream and a drizzle of salsa. Fold each fajita over and top with the remaining salsa. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe