- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 heads Florence fennel, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 800 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 75 ml red wine
- 1 pinches sugar
- black pepper
- 175 g no-cook lasagne sheets
- 450 g mozzarella
- salad leaves, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Heat the olive oil in a large heavy based pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic, fennel and onions and cook for 4-5 minutes until softened.
2. Add the tomatoes, red wine, sugar and seasoning and bring to the boil. Simmer gently for 20 minutes, until the vegetables are cooked through.
3. To assemble the lasagne, spoon one third of the tomato and fennel sauce into the base of a lasagne dish.
4. Add a layer of lasagne sheets.
5. Spoon over another layer of the sauce.
6. Break the mozzarella into rough pieces and scatter half of it evenly over the sauce.
7. Continue to layer up the dish until all the ingredients are used up, finishing with a layer of cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
8. Serve with salad.
Rate This Recipe