- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes plus cooling
- Effort: easy
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 6 large leaves swiss chard, stalks and leaves separated
- 1 head cavolo nero, leaves stripped from stalk
- 1/2 white cabbage
- 1/2 savoy cabbage
- 1 litre sunflower oil
- 3 onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 3 tbsp curry powder
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1/4 chinese cabbage
- large rice paper roll wrappers
- sweet chilli sauce
1. Boil the potatoes until tender. Blanche all of the cabbages except the Chinese cabbage in salted boiling water until tender. Drain and allow to cool. Once cool squeeze dry and chop. Set to one side.
2. In a wok or large pot, heat two tablespoons of sunflower oil. Add the onions and a good pinch of salt, sauté until soft. Add the ginger, garlic, curry powder and vegetable stock cube and sauté until aromatic, about 2 minutes.
3. Add the chopped blanched cabbages and sauté until it wilts down and the flavours blend well about 5 minutes.
4. Finally add the Chinese cabbage and boiled potatoes and stir well. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
5. To make the spring rolls, soak the large rice paper roll wrappers in warm water until soft. Remove to a clean board and pat dry.
6. Place two tablespoons of veggie mix in the centre of the rice paper. Fold over the bottom edge and gently pull firm. Fold in both edges and continue to roll into a cigar shape.
7. Ensure that they are well sealed at the edges and the final fold and put on a tray. Repeat with the rest of the filling. You will get at least 20.
8. Heat the remaining sunflower oil in a wok until hot (180C) and fry the rice paper rolls a few at a time until golden and crisp. Serve with sweet chilli sauce.
Rate This Recipe