- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 portobello mushrooms
- 4 beef tomatoes, sliced
- 6 slices halloumi cheese
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 100 g butter
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 soft rolls
1. Remove the stalk from the mushrooms.
2. Brush the mushrooms, tomatoes and Halloumi cheese with olive oil.
3. Cook them all in stages either on the barbecue or in a griddle pan, until the mushrooms are nicely softened and the Halloumi cheese is golden.
4. Meanwhile, mix the butter and garlic together.
5. Spread the garlic butter over the halved bread buns and toast on the barbecue or on a griddle pan.
6. To assemble, layer a Portobello mushroom with some hot beef tomato slices and Halloumi cheese in each bun. Cover with the top half of the bread bun and serve immediately with a herby salad.
Rate This Recipe