- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 2 hrs marinating
- Effort: easy
- 120 g venison steaks, diced
- 2 juniper berries, crushed with the back of a knife
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 glasses red wine
- 50 g pork fat, minced
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 30g slice of brie
For the salad:
- handful of mixed leaves
- handful of red grapes, halved
- ¼ yellow peppers, cut into strips
- 6 cherry tomatoes, on the vine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1. Marinate the venison with the juniper berries and the herbs in the red wine for a couple of hours. Discard the berries and drain.
2. Remove the herbs and finely chop them.
3. Mince the venison.
4. Put the herbs into a bowl with the venison and the pork fat.
5. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and stir in the beaten egg.
6. Form the mixture into a burger. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the burger for 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown. The burgers are best served pink.
7. Put a slice of Brie on the top of the burger and grill until the cheese has melted.
8. Combine the salad ingredients together in a bowl and dress with the olive oil and vinegar.
9. Serve the burger on the plate with the salad.
Rate This Recipe