- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the burgers
- 500 g minced wild venison
- 2 eggs
- 200 g fresh foie gras
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
For the apple and celeriac remoulade
- 1/2 celeriac, peeled and grated
- 1 apple
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 4-5 tbsp mayonnaise
For the parsnip chips
- 3 parsnips
- 50 ml honey
- 50 g butter
Mix all the ingredients for the burgers in a bowl and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Shape the mixture into burgers.
2. Combine all the ingredients for the remoulade in a large bowl and season to taste.
3. Cut the parsnip into batons, and blanch in boiling water for 2-3 minutes, until softened.
4. Melt the butter in a hot frying pan and toss in the parsnip batons.
5. Add the honey, and cook for 3-4 minutes, until the parsnips are golden and glazed.
6. Heat a frying pan and cook the burgers over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side. Serve with focaccia bread, accompanied with parsnips chips and celeriac remoulade.
Rate This Recipe