- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 3 days marinating/freezing
- Effort: easy
- 500 g piece of venison leg meat, sinew removed
- 175 ml red wine
- 175 ml port
- 3 juniper berries, crushed
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- A few sprigs of thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Worcester sauce
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- A few drops of Tobasco sauce
1. Combine all the ingredients, except the venison, in a large bowl.
2. Add the whole piece of venison, turn well to coat, cover with cling film and marinate for 2 days in the fridge.
3. After 2 days, remove the venison from the marinade. Wrap tightly in cling film and freeze for 1 day to firm the meat and allow it to be sliced easily.
4. About an hour before you are ready to serve, remove from the freezer and just as it is starting to defrost, slice the meat into thin slivers against the grain.
5. Arrange the meat on a large platter or on individual plates, fanning the slices with a little overlap.
Rate This Recipe