- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 deer liver
- 1 deer heart
- 2 deer kidneys
- 3 tbsp seasoned flour
- 60 g butter
- 10 rashers bacon
- 3 eggs
- 50 ml red wine
1. Slice the liver and the heart in half. Trim the heart into smaller, equal-sized pieces.
2. Roll the kidneys, liver and heart pieces in flour to coat them.
3. Melt one tablespoon of the butter in a large frying pan set over a moderate heat and fry the bacon until crisp. Transfer to a large plate and keep warm.
4. Add a second tablespoon of butter to the pan and fry the eggs. Transfer to the same plate as the bacon and keep warm.
5. Add a further tablespoon of butter and fry the kidneys and heart for 1 minute.
6. Add the liver and fry for 10 seconds.
7. Stir in the red wine and continue cooking for a further 5 seconds. Transfer the liver, heart and kidneys to the same plate as the bacon, leaving the red wine in the pan.
8. Roll the remaining butter in a little seasoned flour and add this to the red wine. Cook for 10 seconds or so, until the juices have thickened. Pour over the meat plate and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe