- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the relish
- 1 x 400 g jaronion marmalade
- 1/2 tsp ground ground allspice
- 1 orange, grated zest only
- small bunch redcurrants
- 1 tsp port
For the topping
- 250 g venison pate or rich, smooth chicken liver paté
- 8 slices dark rye bread
- small bunch flat leaf parsley, for the garnish
1. To make the relish, place the onion jam in a saucepan and add the allspice, orange zest, redcurrants and port. Heat, until the mixture comes to the boil and then remove from the heat.
2. Cut the rye bread into bite-size canapé pieces. Cover each one with pate and spread on a dab of onion relish.
3. Garnish with a small parsley leaf and serve.
Rate This Recipe