- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 48 hrs marinating
- Effort: easy
- 2x200 g venison steaks
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
For the sauce
- 100 g butter
- 2 chopped shallots
- 160 ml red wine
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 tsp redcurrant sauce
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
- buttery mashed potato, to serve
1. Lay the steaks in a non-reactive dish. Cover the venison with olive oil, rosemary and garlic and leave to marinate for 48 hours.
2. Heat a non-stick frying pan and fry the steaks for 2 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and leave to rest for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add half of the butter to the pan and fry the shallots for 1 minute.
4. Add the red wine and Madeira. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and cook for 2 minutes, until slightly reduced.
5. Mix the remaining butter with the flour; whisk into the sauce.
6. Add the redcurrant jelly and cook for 2-3 minutes, until thickened. Slice the venison steaks and serve with the sauce and some buttery mashed potatoes.
Rate This Recipe