- Serves: 4
- Effort: easy
- 250 g cooked beetroot
- 1 small unwaxed orange, zest only
- 2 tsp horseradish sauce
- 70 g finely grated parmesan
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped, fresh flat leaf parsley
- 7 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 venison steaks, each about 150g
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 150ºC.
2. To make the pesto, place the beetroot, orange zest, horseradish sauce, parmesan, garlic and parsley in a food processor or blender and whiz briefly. Add enough oil to form a thick paste. Season to taste and set aside.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a frying pan then add the steaks and season. Cook fir 2 minute, then turn and continue to cook for a further 1-2 minutes before transferring to an ovenproof plate. Place in the oven for 10 minutes then serve them on a mound of mash potatoes with a dollop of beetroot pesto on top.
Rate This Recipe