- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns
- 2-3 stalks lavender flowers
- 1 slices venison loin, 4cm thick
- oil, for frying
- large knob of butter
- 3baby leeks, trimmed and sliced into rings, green parts discarded
- 1 medium potato, peeled
- reduced venison stock
- 1 square chocolate
1. Crush the peppercorns in a mortar with the pestle. Mix in lavender flowers. Roll the edges of the venison loin in this mixture, not coating the middle part.
2. Heat a little oil in a frying pan and cook the crusted edges of the venison loin holding the meat with a pair of tongs and turning until each part is cooked ' about 4 minutes in total. Next cook the uncoated middles for 1 minute on each side for rare. Remove fro the pan and rest for a few minutes.
3. Meanwhile melt a large knob of butter in a pan and sauté the leeks, leaving them with a slight crunch.
4. Grate a potato and remove any excess water by squeezing it in a clean tea towel. Add to a hot, well oiled pan in a single layer. Cook until one side is crisp and golden then turn carefully to cook the other side.
5. Heat a little venison stock and grate in the chocolate. Stir until melted.
6. Serve with venison with the potato rosti, sautéed leeks and drizzle with the chocolate jus.
Rate This Recipe