- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the salsa
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 1 lemon, grated zest and juice
- 1 small mild red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100 g dried cranberries
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 large basil
For the venison
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 pieces venison loin, 150g each, sliced into thirds
For the salad
- 80 g watercress
- 1 small Cox's apple
- 10 fresh walnuts
1. First make the salsa: mix the diced red onion with the lemon zest, lemon juice, the chopped chilli, grated ginger, a little sugar and salt. Mix in the cranberries and stir in the olive oil. Add the sliced basil then taste and season as desired with salt, sugar and black pepper. Set aside.
2. For the venison:heat a frying pan with the vegetable oil. Season the venison and fry over a high heat for 1 1/2 minutes on each side.
3. To make the salad: toss the watercress with the apple and walnuts and place onto two large serving plates. Put the venison on top and spoon over the salsa before serving.
Rate This Recipe