- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 700 g tenderloin of venison
- 300 g chanterelle mushrooms
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 spring onions, cut into chunks
- 50 ml dry white wine, such as chardonnay or sauvignon blanc
- 150 ml double cream
- 150 g pointed head cabbage, torn into large pieces
For the garnish
- sea rocket, or regular rocket leaves
- goosefoot leaves, or spinach leaves
- 1 tsp wild garlic, seeds only
- 150 ml blueberries
1. Sear the meat in a hot pan with 1 tablespoon of the butter and season with salt to taste. Cook for around 6 minutes on each side until medium rare. Remove from the pan and allow to rest for a few minutes before serving.
2. Fry the chanterelles in the remaining butter for approximately 4 minutes. Add the spring onion, the white wine and the cream. Add the cabbage to the chanterelles and allow to cook until the cream has thickened.
3. For the garnish: Add 8-10 stalks of sea rocket and a handful of goosefoot leaves, the wild garlic seeds and the blueberries to the pan. Slice the meat, then plate up and serve.
Rate This Recipe