- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 large white cabbage, outer leaves removed
- 2 tbsp butter
- 100 g belly pork, or 4 slices bacon (smoked or unsmoked), cut into 7mm strips
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 8 sausages
1. Shred the cabbage coarsely, wash thoroughly and drain.
2. Heat the butter in a heavy-based saucepan. Add the belly pork or bacon and fry until the fat begins to run.
3. Add the onion and fry until soft, but not brown. Add the cabbage and stir until well coated in the fat. Cook over a moderate heat until the cabbage begins to brown.
4. Sprinkle with the vinegar and season with salt. Arrange the sausages on top, cover and simmer over a gentle heat for 40 minutes to 1 hour.
Rate This Recipe