- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the salad
- 100 g cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 bunches spring onions, sliced on the diagonal
- 2 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 handfuls coriander, finely chopped
- 1 handfuls flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 bird's eye chilli, finely chopped
- 1 handfuls cashew nuts, toasted
- 2 limes, juice only
- fish sauce, to taste
For the crispy salmon
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 400 g salmon
- tbsp capers, in brine drained
1. For the salad: Combine all of the salad ingredients into a bowl apart from nuts, corriander and parsley. Toss well, then add the remaining to garnish.
2. For the crispy salmon: heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan and fry the salmon, skin-side down. Cook for 2 minutes, or until the skin is crisp, then turn over. Remove the skin and set aside separately in the pan.
3. Break the salmon up into flakes with a fork or pair of tongs and continue to cook until the salmon is cooked through and starting to go crisp. Add the capers and lightly fry until crisp. Remove the salmon and capers from the pan and drain on kitchen paper.
4. Dress the salad with the juice of two limes and a splash of fish sauce, to taste.
5. Pile the crispy salmon and capers over the salad and sprinkle over the toasted cashews. Toss well and serve in a salad bowl.
Rate This Recipe