- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 24 large raw prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 large carrots, cut into julienne
- 2 medium cucumber, de-seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and cut into julienne
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large red chilli, de-seeded and cut into julienne
- 15 fresh mint leaves
For the dressing:
- 3 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 large red chillies, de-seeded and chopped
- 3 stalks lemongrass, (lower third only), thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 3cm knob of ginger, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 6 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 20 g fresh coriander leaves
For the garnish:
- 3 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 3 spring onions, (white part only), cut into thin strips and soaked in cold water for 30 minutes
- 1 large red chilli, de-seeded, cut into julienne and soaked in water for 30 minutes
1. To make the dressing, put the garlic, chillies, lemongrass, shallot and ginger into a food processor and process to a paste. Scrape the paste into a bowl and stir in the Thai fish sauce, sugar, lime juice, coriander and pepper and set aside.
2. Heat a griddle pan and griddle the prawns until pink and cooked through.
3. Combine the carrots, cucumber, red pepper, onion, chilli, mint and prawns in a large bowl. Just before serving, pour over the dressing and mix well.
4. Serve the salad on a large platter with the coriander leaves, spring onion and chilli strips sprinkled over.
Rate This Recipe