- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 700 g shelled tiger prawns, deveined
- 2 tsp finely grated ginger
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 115 g rice noodles, softened in boiling water for 5 minutes and drained
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 115 g sugar snap peas, halved
- 115 g spring onions, sliced
- 75 g chopped roasted peanuts, skins removed
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
For the dressing
- 50 g white sugar, or to taste
- 100 ml fish sauce
- 100 ml mirin, (Japanese rice vinegar)
- 2 small red chillies, seeds removed and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
Mix all the ingredients for the dressing, adding more sugar or soy sauce if you feel it needs it.
Toss together the prawns, ginger and fish sauce in a big mixing bowl and arrange the noodles on serving plates or one large plate.
Heat a wok, add 1 tbsp of the oil and fry the prawns until they are just cooked, about 2-3 minutes. Toss in the mangetout and spring onions, and cook for another minute.
Spoon the prawn mixture over the noodles and sprinkle over the toasted peanuts, coriander and dressing. Serve either hot or cold.
Rate This Recipe