- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: easy
- 80 g mung bean thread noodles
- 120 ml peanut oil
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 30 ml sesame oil
- 80 ml mirin, (sweet Japanese rice wine)
- 2 tbsp lemongrass, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp ginger, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 tbsp mint leaves, shredded
- 100 g red onions, chopped
- 70 g cashew nuts, toasted and chopped
- 80 g bean sprouts
- 2 tbsp lime zest, grated
- 4 small fresh red chillies, seeded and chopped
- 16 fresh mint leaves
- 125 ml mirin
- 80 ml fresh lime juice
- sweet chilli sauce
1. Cook the noodles in a pan of boiling water for about 3 minutes. Drain, then cut the noodles into 4cm lengths with a pair of scissors. Set aside.
2. Heat 60ml of the peanut oil in pan and cook the chicken breast slices until golden brown. Drain on paper towel then set aside.
3. Combine the remaining 60ml of peanut oil with the sesame oil, mirin, lemongrass, fish sauce, ginger, garlic and mint in large bowl.
4. Stir in the noodles, cooked chicken, onion, cashew nuts, bean sprouts, lime rind and chillies.
5. Using your hands, form the mixture into small rolls about 5cm in length then chill them in the fridge for 30 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, make the dressing by mixing the mirin with the lime juice, drizzle over the rolls and scatter with the mint leaves.
7. Serve with sweet chilli sauce for dipping.
Rate This Recipe