- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus marinating
- Effort: easy
- 1 courgette, cut into thick batons
- 200 g prawns, half peeled with tail on
- 6 crayfish, peeled
- 1-2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cm ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 3 lime leaves, finely sliced
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 bunches fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp Asian basil (Thai basil), roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp mint leaves, roughly chopped
- banana leaves, to serve, optional
Tips and Suggestions
John uses choko and yabbies in the show. Yabbies are like crayfish, and choko is a vegetable common to Australia that has the same texture as courgettes or marrows.
1. Boil the courgette batons for a few minutes to soften, and set aside. Mix the prawns, crayfish, caster sugar and fish sauce in a separate bowl and leave to sit for 10 minutes.
2. Heat a wok. Add oil and fry the garlic, ginger, chilli and the courgette. Drain the prawns of their liquid marinade and then add to the wok after 1 minute, along with the lime leaves. Cook for 1 -2 minutes. Add the spring onion, cook for another minute and then add the herbs.
4. Serve on a banana leaf, garnished with sprigs of Thai basil.
See more John Torode recipes.
Rate This Recipe