- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 225 g fresh baby broad beans, (about 900g in the pod)
- 75 g pancetta, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- knob of butter
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 100 g frozen peas, hawed
- 4 oil-cured baby artichoke hearts, in oil diced
- small handful of mint leaves, shredded
- black pepper
- warm focaccia, to serve
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the bread beans, bring back to the boil and blanch for 1 minute. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the pancetta slices and fry, turning, until crisp. Drain on paper towel and keep warm.
3. Heat the oil and butter in the same pan, over medium-low heat. Add the onion and gently fry for about 5 minutes until soft. Add the peas and fry for another minute or two until just tender.
4. Add the artichokes, broad beans and the mint. Season with salt and pepper, and stir until heated through.
5. Top with the pancetta and serve with warm focaccia.
Rate This Recipe