- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 4 eggs
- 125 g brown sugar
- 125 g plain flour
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tbsp vin santo
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 orange, zested
- 50 g pine kernels
- vin santo, to drizzle
- icing sugar, for dusting
- crème fraîche
1. Preheat the oven to 150C/gas 2.
2. Set a mixer on the highest speed and beat the eggs and sugar together until the whisk leaves a ribbon trail in the mixture.
3. Sift the flour onto a sheet of baking paper. Turn the speed on the mixer down, slide the flour in and mix again for about 5 minutes.
4. Pour in the olive oil, vin santo and citrus zests. Now switch off the machine and fold by hand.
5. Pour the mixture into a greased and floured spring-form cake tin. Bake in the oven for 35 to 45 minutes. To test if it's cooked, slide a skewer into the centre of the cake and if it comes out clean it's ready to come out.
6. Leave the cake to cool, then prick the cake all over with a fork and drizzle over more vin santo.
7. Scatter over the pine nuts and dust with icing sugar. Use a blow torch to caramelise the sugar. Serve with a dollop of crème fraîche.
Rate This Recipe