- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 350 g penne
- 25 g butter
- 125 g pancetta, or bacon bits
- 4 tbsp vodka
- 200 ml double cream
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 small handful fresh flat-leaf parsley
- freshly grated parmesan, to serve
Tips and Suggestions
If you prefer, you can replace the pancetta with 2 slices of cooked ham, chopped into chunks.
Find out how to make perfect pasta with our expert video.
1. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan according to the instructions on the packet.
2. Whilst the pasta is cooking, heat the butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat, add the pancetta and fry for 3-5 minutes or until golden.
3. Add the vodka and allow to simmer for a minute before adding the cream, tomato purée and parsley. Simmer gently for 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
4. When the pasta is cooked, drain and add it to the sauce and mix through. Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
Rate This Recipe