- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the salad
- 1/2 mango, cut into julienne (very thin strips)
- 1/2 red onions, finely sliced
- 1 apple
- 1 carrot, cut into julienne
- 150 g celeriac, cut into julienne
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 English muffins
- 2 bunches watercress
For the burgers
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- olive oil
- 4 x 125g fillet steak, (fillet mignons)
- 250 g fresh foie gras
For the truffle glaze
- 75 ml madeira
- 1 tsp clear honey
- 1 black truffle, finely sliced
- 2 banana shallots, finely chopped
- 100 ml veal jus, <P> </P>
1. Preheat the grill. Season the steak mince with salt and pepper then beat in the egg and dijon mustard and form into 4 equal size burgers.
2. Heat a little oil in the grill pan and start cooking the burgers under a medium heat for 2 minutes 30 seconds on each side.
3. After 2 minutes sear the fillet mignons in the same pan as the burgers for 1 minute 30 seconds on each side, then remove from the pan and rest.
4. In the same pan sear the foie gras for 1 minute on each side and season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. For the truffle glaze: add the Madeira and honey and cook, stirring for a few minutes until reduced. Add the banana shallots, truffles and veal jus and cook until reduced to a glaze.
6. For the salad: mix the mango, apple, carrot, red onion, celeriac with the mayonnaise
7. Toast the muffins.
8. To build a burger: top one half of the toasted muffin with the salad. Top the salad with watercress. Top the watercress with a fillet mignon. Top the fillet mignon with the burger. Top the burger with the foie gras. Finish with the truffle glaze. Finally skewer the remaining toasted muffin half to the top.
Rate This Recipe