- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 100 g walnut halves
- 3 large green apples
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemons
- 1 head of celeriac
- 120 ml good mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 2 tbsp soured cream
- 1 tsp Meaux mustard
- 1 handful of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/170C gas/gas 5. Spread the walnut halves on a baking sheet and roast for 5 minutes. Cool and chop into small pieces.
2. Halve, core and finely slice the apples.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together the apple, lemon juice, celeriac and walnuts.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, chives, sour cream, mustard, parsley and lemon zest. Season with freshly ground pepper.
5. Toss the apple mixture with the mayonnaise dressing. Cover and chill for 1 hour before serving.
Rate This Recipe