- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 large parsnips, peeled and cut into large dice
- 450 g waxy potatoes, peeled and cut into large dice
- 2 small red onions, peeled and cut into quarters
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 450 g lean sirloin steaks, minute or flash fry steaks
- 100 g fresh baby spinach leaves
For the dressing
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp red wine vinegar
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tsp runny honey
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
2. Place the parsnips, potatoes and onions in a non-stick roasting tin, season with salt and pepper and coat in 2tbsp of the oil. Roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes. Drain excess liquid if required and transfer to a large bowl. Cool slightly.
3. For the dressing: place all the ingredients in a screw-topped jar and shake well.
4. Heat the remaining oil in a non-stick griddle or frying pan. Season the steaks and cook according to your preference. If using minute or flash fry steaks cook for 1-2 minutes on each side. Leave to rest on a warm plate for 1-2 minutes then slice diagonally.
5. Whilst the vegetables are still warm, add the spinach leaves, beef and any meat juices from the plate. Pour over the dressing and toss gently.
6. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe