- Serves: 2
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the salad
- 4 small golden beetroot
- 4 small red beetroot
- 1 bunches watercress
- 1-2 tbsp chopped dill
- 1 handfuls sunflower seeds, toasted
- 200 g feta cheese
- 1/2 pomegranate, seeds only
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 3-4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. For the salad: wrap the beetroot in foil, place on a baking tray and roast for 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours, or until tender. To test, unwrap the biggest beetroot and gently scrape the skin at the root end with your nail. If it comes away easily then the beetroot is done. Peel while warm and slice into thin wedges and place into a bowl.
3. For the dressing: place the pomegranate molasses into a bowl and season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then gradually whisk in the olive oil until well combined.
4. Drizzle half of the dressing over the beetroot and toss well to coat.
5. Place the watercress into a bowl and toss with the remaining dressing.
6. To serve, arrange the beetroot on one half of a serving plate and scatter over the dill and sunflower seeds. Arrange the watercress on the other half, then pile the feta on top. Scatter over the pomegranate seeds.
Rate This Recipe