- Serves: 4 (as a starter)
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp light olive oil
- 2 medium beetroot, peeled and grated
- black pepper
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 150 g soft goats' cheese
- 75 g rocket
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Heat a frying pan with the light olive oil then add the beetroot and cook for 2 minutes.
2. Season generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper and stir in the balsamic vinegar.
3. Cook over a high heat for about 30 seconds then spoon out the mixture on to four starter plates.
4. Crumble over the goat's cheese.
5. To serve, top each with a little rocket and finish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a twist of black pepper.
Rate This Recipe