- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g new potatoes
- black pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 black pudding, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- half tsp sugar
- 50 g lardons of bacon, fried
- 25 g butter
- 50 g wholegrain mustard
- 50 ml white wine vinegar
- 150 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 handful of yarrow leaves and flower
- 1 handful of ruby red chard
1. Cook the new potatoes in a large saucepan of salted, boiling water until tender, around 15-20 minutes; drain, crush with a fork, cover and keep warm.
2. While the potatoes are boiling heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a frying pan and fry the black pudding slices until cooked, turning now and them.
3. Meanwhile, heat the remaining vegetable oil in a small, heavy-based frying pan. Fry the sliced onion with half a teaspoon of sugar, stirring often, until golden-brown.
4. Skin the freshly cooked black pudding. Mix together the warm black pudding, crushed new potatoes, bacon lardons and caramelised onion. Mix in the butter until melted. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Make a dressing by mixing together the mustard and vinegar, then whisking in the olive oil. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
6. Spoon the black pudding mixture into 4 presentation rings on serving plates or simply place in mounds on the serving plates.
7. Toss the ruby red chard and yarrow leaves with the dressing. Top the black pudding salad with the dressed chard and yarrow leaves. Garnish with yarrow flowers and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe