- Serves: 4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 2 red peppers, halved lengthways
- 300 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 250 g fine green beans, ends trimmed, halved lengthways
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp oregano, chopped
- 5 tinned anchovies, drained, chopped
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Lightly oil a baking sheet and lay the peppers on it, cut-side down. Rub a little of the oil over the pepper skins. Roast them for 35-40 minutes or until the skin is blackened and charred. Tip the peppers into a bowl with any juices and immediately cover with plastic film. This will create steam and make the peppers easier to peel. Set aside to cool.
2. Meanwhile lay the tomatoes on the baking sheet, scatter over the garlic and drizzle over 1 tablespoon of the oil and toss together to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 6-8 minutes until the tomatoes are starting to soften and burst but still holding their shape. Cook the beans in boiling water for 6-8 minutes until cooked but still bright green, then drain.
3. When the peppers have cooled enough to handle, peel off the skin and rip or slice the flesh into strips, removing the stems, cores and seeds as you go. Reserve the juices in the bowl and mix with the remaining 3 tablespoons of the oil, the lemon juice and oregano and any juices from the roasted tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Lay the beans on each serving plate then casually scatter over the pepper strips, tomatoes and garlic and anchovies.
4. Heat a griddle pan. Brush the chicken all over with a little extra oil and season with a little salt and plenty of pepper. Place the chicken on the hot griddle pan, skinned side down, and cook for 10 minutes, turning half way through. Serve on top of the salad.
Like this recipe? Take a look at lots more of our winter salad recipes.
Rate This Recipe