- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 200 g unsalted butter, cut into small pieces, plus extra for greasing
- 1 tbsp flour, lus extra for dusting
- 175 g dark chocolate, (70% cocoa solids), broken in pieces
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 100 g caster sugar
- cream or ice cream, to serve
Tips and Suggestions
Once the batter is in the ramekins, you can refrigerate the budini until ready to serve, but make sure you bring them to room temperature for an hour or so before baking.
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas 7.
2. Butter and lightly flour six ramekins. Tap out the excess flour then butter and flour a second time.
3. Melt the 200g of butter and the chocolate together in a heat-proof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring to mix.
4. Meanwhile, beat the whole eggs, yolks and sugar for 3-4 minutes until pale and creamy.
5. Beat in the melted chocolate and butter, then quickly add the tablespoon of flour, whisking all the time.
6. Spoon the batter into the ramekins. Bake for 6-7 minutes, until the sides are set (the centre will still be soft).
7. Turn out onto serving plates. Serve with cream or ice cream.
Rate This Recipe