- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids broken into pieces
- 210 g butter
- 210 g caster sugar
- 6 eggs, yolks
- 6 eggs
- 125 g flour
For the vanilla whipped cream
- 300 ml whipping cream, or double cream
- 0.5 vanilla pods, seeds
- 100 g icing sugar
1. Melt the chocolate and butter together in a heatproof bowl suspended over a pan of simmering water.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugar, yolks and eggs until pale and creamy then fold in the chocolate mix.
3. Sift the flour and fold through thoroughly.
4. Butter 6 ramekins well and place a piece of buttered baking parchment in the bottom of each ramekin.
5. Fill each ramekin three-quarters full with the chocolate mixture and set aside for 1 hour.
6. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas 6.
7. Bake the ramekins for 11-12 minutes until almost set.
8. Meanwhile, whisk together the cream, vanilla seeds and icing sugar until the cream is fluffy.
9. Remove the chocolate puddings from the oven and wait 20 seconds before turning out onto serving plates.
10. Serve each pudding with a quenelle of vanilla cream and a garnish of raspberries, physallis and mint leaves.
Rate This Recipe