- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 medium courgettes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp blanched flaked almonds
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 150 g goats' cheese
- 1 lemon, quartered, to serve
Tips and Suggestions
Sweet and buttery, a warm courgette salad goes beautifully with the lemony tang of a creamy, fresh, young goats' cheese - at their best in spring. It is also good with buffalo mozzarella, feta cheese, Parmesan, and Pecorino.
1. Trim the zucchini and cut into 6cm segments. Slice each segment lengthwise, and cut each slice into matchsticks with the tip of a sharp knife.
2. Heat the olive oil in a non-stick fry pan. Add the almonds and cook for 30 seconds, but watch for burning.
3. Add the courgettes, sea salt and pepper, and toss over high heat for 1 minute, until warm but still crisp. Add the lemon juice, and divide between dinner plates.
4. Crumble the goat cheese over the top of the courgettes, and serve immediately with the lemon quarters.
Rate This Recipe