- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus freezing
- Effort: easy
- 2 cm cinnamon sticks
- 8 peppercorns
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 300 ml port
- 450 ml Shiraz wine
- 150 g dark brown sugar
- 300 g caster sugar
- 12 fresh figs
For the Fruity sorbet:
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, chopped and pureed
- juice of 2 passion fruit, strained
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemons
- 175 g sugar
- 300 ml water
1. Prepare the fruity ice cream first of all. Bring the sugar and water to the boil in a saucepan and cook until the sugar has melted, forming a syrup.
2. Cool the syrup and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
3. In a jug blender blend together the mango, passion fruit juice, lemon juice and sugar syrup into a puree.
4. Pour the fruit puree into an ice cream maker and churn, according to instructions, until thickened into a sorbet. Transfer into a freezer-proof container and freeze for 4 hours before until serving.
5. To cook the figs, heat through a saucepan. Add the cinnamon stick, peppercorns and rosemary to the warm pan and heat through briefly.
6. Pour in the Port, Shiraz, brown sugar and caster sugar. Bring to the boil and cook until reduced and thickened into a syrup.
7. Add the figs and poach for 5 minutes, until tender.
8. Serve the figs warm or at room temperature with the sorbet.
Rate This Recipe