- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 pineapple
- 4 Conference pears
- 3 crisp apples
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 450 g grapes
- 3 pink grapefruit
- 6 pieces preserved stem ginger, chopped
- 600 ml maple syrup
- 3 cardamom seeds, crushed
1. Peel the pineapple and cut into quarters, lengthwise. Remove the core and cut each quarter into neat chunks.
2. Peel and core the pears and apples, cutting them into neat slices or chunks. Put them into a bowl and stir in the lemon juice. Cover with cling film and set aside.
3. Halve the grapes and remove any seeds.
4. Cut the skin from the grapefruit and carefully remove the segments. Use a serrated knife and work over a bowl to catch any juices.
5. Place the ginger and maple syrup together in a saucepan with the cardamom.
6. Stir in the apples and pears and simmer for a couple of minutes.
7. Carefully add the remaining fruit and reserved grapefruit juice. Heat gently for 2-3 minutes. Spoon into a pretty heatproof bowl and serve.
Rate This Recipe