- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 ripe crotin goats' cheese
- 4 slices of white bread, thickly sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 tsp tapenade, (shop bought)
- extra chopped chives, to garnish
For the salad:
- 4 servings of mixed leaves
- 1 tsp chives, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp tarragon, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp chervil, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp crushed walnuts
For the dressing:
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 50 ml white wine vinegar
- black pepper
- 200 ml walnut oil
1. Toast the bread and cut each slice into a shape slightly bigger than the cheese.
2. Scrape the garlic clove over each slice of warm toast, and then spread with a thin layer of tapenade.
3. Cut each goats' cheese in half, place on top of the tapenade and grill until golden.
4. Mixed the salad leaves, herbs and walnuts together.
5. Make the dressing by placing the garlic, mustard, white wine vinegar, salt and pepper into a blender. Pour in the oil and blitz until smooth.
6. Toss the salad in the dressing and serve with a goats' cheese crouton and a sprinkling of chives.
Rate This Recipe