- Serves: 1-2
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- 3 slices baguettes
- olive oil, for drizzling
- 50 g small-leaf rocket
- 4 walnuts
- 1 ash coated log of goats' cheese
- 1/2 raw beetroot, peeled and finely sliced
- 25 g flat-leaf parsley
- 100 g pitted black olives
- 1 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp superfine capers
- 3 salted anchovies
- 6 sticks olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, peeled and finely chopped
1. For the tapenade: process all the ingredients together in a food processor until finely ground. Transfer into a covered container and set aside.
2. For the shallot dressing: combine the mustard, honey, vinegar, a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper in a bowl and slowly add the olive oil, stirring throughout. Add the shallots, mix well and set aside.
3. Cook the bacon on a griddle pan until crispy on each side.
4. Drizzle the slices of baguette with a little olive oil and toast them on either side.
5. Spread a layer of tapenade over each of the croutons. Place a round of goats cheese on each and either melt with a little with a blow torch or very gently heat under a grill until a little colour has developed.
6. Put about 10 stalks of rocket on a serving plate. Break over the walnuts and drizzle over a little shallot dressing.
7. Arrange the beetroot slices on the rocket and top with croutons.
8. Finish with the crispy bacon and chopped parsley and serve.
Rate This Recipe