- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 100 g red camargue rice
- 100 g quinoa
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 200 g halloumi cheese, thickly sliced
- 3-4 tbsp mixed seeds, such as pumpkin, hemp and sunflower seeds
- 4-6 marinated artichoke hearts, quartered
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 large bunch fresh fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ lemons, juice only
- lemon wedges, to serve
1. Cook the rice in a pan of boiling water for 15 minutes, or according to packet instructions, until tender. At the same time, cook the quinoa in a pan of boiling water according to packet instructions until tender. Drain both and mix together in a bowl.
2. Heat a griddle pan or frying pan over a high heat and add the olive oil. Once it is hot, place the halloumi in the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes on both sides, or until golden-brown all over and softened.
3. Toast the mixed seeds in a small frying pan for 1-2 minutes, shaking the pan frequently, until the seeds start to pop.
4. Stir the artichokes, tomatoes and parsley into the quinoa mixture and sprinkle the seeds on top. Add a drizzle of olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice and toss well together and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. To serve, spoon the quinoa salad onto serving plates and top with the grilled halloumi slices.
Rate This Recipe