- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 24 hrs macerating the fruit
- Effort: easy
- 250 g pitted cherries
- 100 ml cherry brandy
- 1 x 25 cm ready made sweet pastry tart cases
- 900 g double cream
- 100 g milk
- 12 egg yolks
- 135 g sugar
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds only
- icing sugar, to dust
- clotted cream, to serve
1. Pour the cherry brandy over the cherries and leave them to macerate for 24 hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 150C/gas 1. Scatter the cherries evenly over the tart.
3. Mix together the cream, milk, egg yolks, sugar and vanilla seeds.
4. Pour over the cherries and bake for 45 minutes or so, until the custard has set.
5. Remove from the oven and dust with icing sugar. Serve warm, with clotted cream.
Rate This Recipe